Wednesday, August 10, 2011

One More Week

Well, school starts in one week. I am starting to get pretty excited. After resigning from my first teaching position I was unsure about how excited I would be for starting my new aide position. To catch everyone up on my life....I quit my first teaching job because I was offered an aide job at one of the best schools in my town. I took the aide job because when it all comes down to it I was getting paid the same. At my old school I was driving thirty minutes to get there, had no benefits, would have been teaching a dual classroom, and they don't pay into your TRS. At my new school I will only be an aide...but Ive been told that I will get the next teaching opening that comes up, I will get benefits and I will only be driving ten minutes. This past week has really ensured me that I have made the right decision. I know a lot of people that work at my new school. One lady inparticular has been extremely excited that I am going to be working with her. She told me that she has been telling everyone that works there how excited she is that I will be working there. Then last night at my aqua zumba class (amazing workout btw!) I found out that the instructor is the title one teacher at my new school. She is the one that I will be working with this year. She was super excited when I told her that I wAs going to be working with her. She said that he has been nervous all summer long about not knowing who her aide was going to be! I am so happy that everyone is so excited about me being there. It really helps me feel that I have made the right decision. I know that this is where God wants me to be and I am excited to see where this journey will lead me.

No comments:

Post a Comment